Sustainability » Cultural and Environmental Heritage
At THE MIRROR Barcelona we believe strongly in the need to embrace the main pillars of sustainability: generating economic welfare, improving the environment and assuming social responsibility. These goals form the basis of what we do and why we have undertaken the following:
- The recovery and modernization of an "Eixample" building, reinterpreting the traditional structure so iconic of the property in that area of Barcelona.
- Next generation, energy-efficient and individually controlled air conditioning.
- Energy efficient inspired Domotica lighting system.
- Solar panels to power water heating.
- Grey water recycling system for toilet cisterns.
- Windows and openings to optimize the natural light throughout the hotel .
- High quality walls to maximize energy performance.
- Hotel policy of "No Printing".
- Metering the use of consumables and disposables.